[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Perseid Peak Night real-time chat "meeting" tonight!

Hello again, fellow observers!

Once again tonight and tomorrow, as earth
ploughs its way through the thickest parts
of the Perseids' parent dust stream, we'll
be having a real-time global meteor chat!

Just follow the simple instructions below,
if you'd like to join your fellow observ-
ers from around the world (we have had a
wonderful array of chatters in our most
recent chats - from places as far afield
as New Mexico, Portugal, Belgium, Turkey,
Canada, Australia, Holland and Florida...)

The chat time will be all evening, and in
to tomorrow morning. Just drop in whenever
you have time between observing, sleeping,
and transcribing your data!

If you have never done IRC before:

  I) Go to:
         http://www.meteorobs.org/cgiirc/irc.cgi
	Enter a nickname for yourself (it
	picks one at random), and hit the
	"Login" button. Once you are con-
	nected to our channel, just type
	text at the bottom of your browser
	screen and hit "Enter" to send it!

Or if you are familiar with IRC:

  II) Download/install IRC freeware, e.g.:
		http://mirc.com
      Use your IRC software to connect to
	irc.kreydot net and then enter the com-
	mand to join the #meteorobs "channel":
        /join #meteorobs

Choose a nickname for yourself describing
where you are from: mine is 'MAmeteors',
for MAssachusetts, USA. The "nickname" you
choose for yourself could be 'ILikeMeteors',
'HavanaMeteors', or whatever you like!

We hope to "see" you there!

Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@meteorobs.org>
Webmaster: http://www.meteorobs.org