[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) PER from a ship in Greece..

Dear All..

I observed last night (12/13-8-2003)from a ship which was travelling from
Athens to Heraklion, Crete.

Of course the conditions were far from ideal not only because of the moon
but also because of the ship's lights..Anyway the lm was 4.5 and i observed
from 2:15 until 4:10 local time in the morning (which means 23:15 until 1:10
UT).

The result is 35 perseids (9 of them above -1mag) and 15 others (i couldn't
recall the radiants).The majority of the perseids were seen in the period
from 23:15-23:45 and then the activity declined significatly (and i hope
this is not due to the fact that i was very tired..)

Best regards,
Grigoris