From: Robert Lunsford [mailto:lunro.imo.usa@coxdot net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 12:13 PM
To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;@galaxy.atmob.org
Subject: (meteorobs) 2003 Perseids From San Diego CA

After several days of cloudy weather the skies clear neared midnight
allowing me to view what was left of the Perseid shower. Despite the
moon I
was pleasantly surprised by the show, especially after last year's
dismal
display. I have not listened to the tape yet but estimate my best rates
where near twenty per hour. The first hour seemed strong with some
tapering
off during the second hour. Activity seemed to recover a bit during the
third hour. Estimated LM was around +5.5
We will see how close to reality that really is!

Robin Gray, who lives near the same longitude as I, but much further
north
in Nevada, reports 23 Perseids per hour this morning under similar LM's.
Bright Perseids and trains were uncommon. The bright ones I did see
where
mostly orange.

Bob Lunsford