[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Perseids

The Perseids in Tulsa, OK were disappointing this year.  I viewed with about five other Astronomy Club of Tulsa members at our observatory at 96.1471   35.8307  under hazy skys.  We saw only 7 meteors between 3:00UT and 7:00UT and two of those were not Perseids.  Granted we did have some cloud cover.  We did see one memorable Perseid at 6:03UT that came out of the radiant and shot across the sky into Cygnus, very bright white in color with a 2 second train brighter than Mars, estimate -3.5Mg. The whole night was worth seeing this one even though the shower as a whole was disappointing.

David Stine