[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Perseids 8/12,13 Kansas rest of it

Sorry about that. Sent that little bit accidentally before finishing

I observered in Louisbourg , Kansas south of Kansas City at my club's
observatory.
 Both nights were clear with the moon blazing and washing out everything in
the South and other parts of the sky. Still I went to see if there would any
fireballs and did not care about massive counts of faint ones (I remember the
bright ones not the faint). But still I expected more then this on two nights.

8/12
2:31-3:55
3 Perseids , 1 sporadic
2,1,0, magnitude

8/13
1:03- 2:40
6 Perseids
1 sporadic
-3,-4,-4.5,0,0,2.5,1,0

1:11 (CDT) the -4 near Casseopia left .5 sec train
1:47 the -4.5 streaked near Polaris and left a nice .75 sec train

This was another putrid display by the Perseids (at least fireballs compared
to last year).

Dr. Eric Flescher (kcstarguy@aol.com)