[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) some ideas

Hi all

I had some ideas last night, that I'd like to share with
you.
The creation of #meteorobs opened a good potential in
spreading the observation of meteors. In there, we can
share opinions, experiences, and, in active showers, share
and first analyze reports. But why not, for example, in
the major showers, #meteorobs being able to be a support
channel, to all that need to know informations about the
showers, or another relevant information? If this was
announced in the majority of the meteor sites, Im sure
that we could spread more information, and at the same
time, being a sort of helpdesk. here in Portugal, we have
#lusometeoros that can be joined to this idea, in this
case, serving all in the portuguese comunnity.
Another idea was the cration of a Blog, a Meteorobs Blog,
who, when showers happens, could be an alternative source
of information for outsiders to the list. All the people
who seek basic information about a shower, or how the
shower is going on, coul access the blog. This would
require a certain look at the data coming in, via mailing
list or #meteorbs, in order to provide a valid source of
information, updated several times.

Well...this was just a sketch of an idea :) more ideas or
complements to this ones are welcomed :)

Paulo