[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) NIA and AUR

> Hello,
> I don't know if this will help you or not, but I put together an article
about the 1995 or 1996(can't remember now, don't have > any resources
available with me now) Alpha Aurigids in IMO's WGN journal. It could be in
either year if it was 1995. It was > about the "outburst" Bob Lundsford and
I witnessed. There was also a more in detail article by either Jenniskens or
Marco
> Lambroeck a year or two later pertaining to the AUR's and others and their
outburst history.
> George Zay

Hello all, and George,

This concerns the paper of George (Zay) and Bob (Lunsford) in WGN 22 (1994),
p. 224. And the other reference George quotes is Peter Jenniskens, Astronomy
& Astrophysics 317 (1997), 953-961.

The 1994 observations of George & Bob reported in WGN concerned a clear
outburst, i.e. anomalously high and short duration activity. This outburst
is analysed and compared with previous of such alpha Aurigid events in the
Jenniskens paper. As part of that, a curve for the annual (i.e.
'non-outburst') activity is provided which is largely based on observations
by Bob, George, Koen Miskotte, Peter himself and me (data from 1992,
1994 -outside the outburst window-  and 1995).

- Marco Langbroek