[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Obs. Aug. 24, 2003

      Screech Owl Hill Observatory, Mountain Meadows, West Virginia
             Lat. 385710N  Lon. 0785544W - Aug. 23/24, 2003

   I had a fairly good night observing on Sunday morning, but it was partly
cloudy during most of the night. From 4:58 to 5:58 UT I was able to get in
an hour of meteor observing with 25% clouds. I saw 11 meteors, but none were
fireballs. I late Perseid was seen during the hour, and two later during the
night. I did manage to get some good views of Mars with the 20-inch during
moments of good seeing. Below is a brief breakdown of the meteors recorded.

   Date     Time (UT)  LM  %Obstr.  ANT  NIA  PER  NPX  SPX  SPO  FOV  Comments
Aug. 23/24  4:58-5:58  5.7   25%     2    1    1    1    1    5   var.   haze

Magnitude Distribution

     0  1  2  3  4  5  Ave. Total
ANT  0  1  0  0  0  1  3.0    2
NIA  0  0  1  0  0  0  2.0    1