[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) meteor detection in AM SW band

Hi:
 See -- C. R. Kitchen, "Astrophysical Techniques," Adam Hilger, Ltd.,
1984 revised 1991.

Kitchen  makes the statement that in radio astronomy - scatter radio
is within this astronomy  - the sky is transparent for electromagnetic
radio between 10mm and 10 meters (microwave to 25 mHz). He further
states that electromagnetic radiation greater than 50 meters
(transmitted from earth) fails to penetrate the atmosphere and is
reflected back into the atmosphere.

The 10 and 11 meter bands are on the threshold of frequencies  to be
reflected from an ionization trail.

It is a chalange to see how many stations can be received.

George John Drobnock

--- In meteorobs@yahoogroups.com, Miguel Angel EA4EOZ <ea4eoz@u...>