[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) alpha-Aurigids chat meeting

Hi!

I will be shamelessly copying Lew Gramers post
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/meteorobs/message/25542) from the
Perseid chat meeting to invite you all to a alpha-Aurigids chat
meeting.
If anything remains unclear, please post your comments and questions:

 On the first of September at 12h UT the predicted peak of
 the alpha Aurigid meteor shower with an estimated ZHR
 of 5 to 10, but with possible outbursts of about 30, will take
 place. That's why we've planned to meet in an IRC chat
 channel to discuss all topics related to this meteor
 shower, that has often not been observed enough.

 The meeting will begin Friday, 29 August, at 20:00 UT
 (unless anyone raises his voice because he would like
  to join but can't at that time).

 (That is 4pm Eastern US Daylight Time, 10pm Brussels
 time, 11pm Ankara or Athens time. In Sydney, this is
 Saturday 30 August 6am, and 4am that day in Beijing.)

 Some things that should be discussed:

 1) Your alpha-Aurigid experience and what one can expect
 regarding the duration of the peak, meteor velocity, the
 complexity of a possible radiant complex and so on.

 2) How can you make your observation most valuable?

 3) Anything else meteor-related!

 To chat in real time with your fellow observers around
 the world, do either of the following:

 I) Go to:
 http://www.meteorobs.org/cgiirc/irc.cgi

 Or (if you are familiar with IRC):

 II) Install some IRC freeware (e.g., http://mirc.com)
 Use your IRC software to connect to irc.kreydot net
 Join the #meteorobs "channel":
 /join #meteorobs

 Choose a nickname for yourself which describes where
 you are from: mine is 'gruda_de', gruda for my IMO code
 and de for Germany (dot de).
 But feel free to choose any nickname you like.

 We hope to "see" you there!

 Clear skies,
 Daniel Gruen <d.gruen@tiscali-dsldot de>