[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Alpha Aurigids

I just wanted to warn potential observers that there are two additional
radiants in the area of the Alpha Aurigids which also produce swift, often
trained meteors. The September Perseids (Delta Aurigids) were active this
morning from a radiant located at  03:20 (050) +45. The Northern Apex is
also nearby with a diffuse radiant centered at 04:28 (067) +37. If you wish
to obtain accurate shower associations it is imperative that you use a field
of view that contains all three radiants. Those who face away from these
radiants will not be able to accurately distinguish between the three
radiants. If you record excessive numbers of Alpha Aurigids (more than five
per hour) tonight odds are you have included members of the other two
radiants.

Clear Skies!

Bob Lunsford