[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) PowerPoint-Presentation on meteors

Hi!

I'm currently working on a PowerPoint-Presentation on meteors, which I
plan to show at the "Stuttgarter Schüler Symposium" (some kind of
meeting of pupils from the area around Stuttgart, Germany, who are
interested in science, see http://www.sbb-stiftungdot de/sss.html (in
German) for details).
It looks like these are the main points I'm probably going to mention:
- what is a meteor (and what is a meteoroid and a meteorite)
- "sweeping clean the solar system": Apex, Antihelion, Sporadics
(maybe some words about radiants in general, first)
- meteor showers (comets etc., listing of the most important showers,
experience I've made with them)
- meteor storms (Leonids)
- practical observation (methods, things you should now, some
experience)
- analysis: ZHR, r, ...
- useful websites

I only have about 20 minutes (maybe I can ask for more, we'll see), so
this should be more than enough.

If there's anything you would find important to be mentioned, please
tell me. I'm also still looking for some astonishing pictures, if you
have good web urls, this could also be useful for me. In case anyone
wants the (German, sorry) presentation once it's completed, you can
drop me a mail on my private adress <d.gruen@tiscali-dsldot de>.

Greetings

Daniel Gruen