[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fwd: [IMO-News] fireball 29 sep, Benelux

-----Original Message-----
From: Marco Langbroek <marco.langbroek@wanadoodot nl>
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 9:34 AM
To: IMO-news IMO
Subject: [IMO-News] fireball 29 sep, Benelux

Hello,

We are receiving reports about a bright green fireball, with fragmentation
reported, which has appeared on Sep 29 around 23:11 CEST = 21:11 UTC. An
observer in Almelo in the east of the Netherlands, Mr. Westra, gives a
direction south-southwest and about 3 degrees altitude of extinction,
suggesting that this event might have been over Belgium or Northern France.
A second report has been received also mentioning the green color (and this
report mentions the fragmentation), but without further details on observing
locality or directions yet.

- Marco Langbroek
  Dutch Meteor Society (DMS)

Marco Langbroek

marco.langbroek@wanadoodot nl
meteorites@dmsweb.org
http://home.wanadoodot nl/marco.langbroek

"What seest thou else
 In the dark backward and abysm of time?"

                            William Shakespeare
                            The Tempest act I scene 2