[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Additional information on daylight fireball

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Geert Barentsen wrote:

> Important! Both photographs still seem to have their EXIFF-headers, wich
> contains data usually stored by the digital camera when pictures are taken.

This all seems consistent with a fireball having occured at sunset and the
setting sun illuminating the higher parts of the dust trail.  In general
terms, the illumination implies the trail is angled to the horizontal and,
being above the non-illuminated cirrus, rather suggests it isn't an
aircraft contrail.  An aircraft rising to, or decending from cruising
altitude is perhaps only an outside possibility.