[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Additional information on daylight fireball

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasadot gov/apod/ap031001.html
Caption states 'roughly one minute' and data states 4:41 was the time
interval.  That's a big difference and if it was me I would be taking
more than 2 pictures.
Shutter speed has also been changed between the 2 pictures which strikes
me as odd.  Since both pictures are exceptional, why change?
He's also moved the camera to the left and closer to the house which
should increase the separation between the fireball and the roof and not
decrease it.
Why move at all?  He's got an excellent angle.

If the event actually last more than 5 minutes, there would be many
accounts and not just the one.

In the first picture, if you look at the sky to the right of the gutter
you see the cloud glow from sunset and in the 2nd picture no cloud
glow.  That tends to reenforce the actual time between pictures as 4:41
rather than 'roughly one minute'.

1st pix has what I'll call nearly perpendicular contrails and in the 2nd
the contrails are better defined.  Shouldn't that be the other way around?
Also, in the 2nd pix, wispy clouds are now between the object and the
fireball.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_reviews/fuji_s602z.html for info
about the camera
... picture takers can snap 1.8 frames/second up to 40 frames
# unique "Final 5" burst mode captures up to 25 images and stores the last
five frames
# 1.8 frames/second up to 40 frames in 1M resolution mode

If  anybody does contact him, ask for the original pictures.

It looks phony to me.
Charles Speegle