[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Photos in Wales -Marco Valois

Hello all!

Really intriguing and perplex photos, to say the least. Also too close from earth. In photos like that, what I could see from the them are the following; 1)The main nucleus seems to be very large for a bolide; 2)The amount of redish lit seems to be produced by gas or diesel (probably from a small plane etc; 3)The tail, even considering the angle on how the pictures were taken, are too close for not not showing fire (red) color; 4)The red color isn't a particularity of fireballs when they just enter the atmosphere, but along all its stage till they reach the ground; 5)The trails, in fireballs seen by me before, even close, show white+red+yellow profusion rather than that showed in the picture. Even considering these aspects, I'm more inclined to admit that it was a (i.e) a part of a plane (rocket impulsion piece) than any other element from cosmos. To the list I also would say that the bolide isn't too far from the place where it was taken. With a little luck some can get pieces and evidences of the bolide. About the fireball in India, it seems to me that it reached and wounded two men. Rather to believe in one than another, even with so perfect photos. I congratulate the skatists for them.

Marco Valois