[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Draconids

Just checking the 1887 trail on my own Draconid computations. Oops, I
do not expect great things from that trail - does not even show up on my
low-res computations. I can barely guess where Eskos trail might cross the
earth orbital plane. I always wonder (like in the case of the Ursids) how
Esko manages to find such things. However I am not really sure how reliable
the 1887 comet orbit actually is.

Since Jerome and Esko have obviously tried Draconid trail computations
at a higher resolution than I did - does anyone of you come across an idea
how the
1984 Draconid outburst came about?. My computations reaveal nothing, but the
plots show
all the other 20th century Draconid displays, but for 1984 it reveals just
nothing...

Hartwig Lüthen

priv: Behnstr. 13, D-22767 Hamburg
Germany. Tel. 040-3800551