[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) second picture of Wales event - and its an aircraft I think

Hello all,

There is a second picture of the Wales event! This clearly rules out a fake.
But looking at this second picture, I think it also rules out a meteoric
fireball. I think this was a plane. Either a contrail showing a glow in the
halo-family, or indeed a military aircraft dumping fuel and igniting it with
its afterburner, as some have suggested on the BBC website. Look at:

http://icwales.icnetwork.codot uk/0100news/0200wales/content_objectid=13476370_
method=full_siteid=50082_headline=-Digital-snap-backs-up-meteor-story-name_p
age.html

for the second picture.

- Marco Langbroek

(with thanks to Ron Baalke forwarding this newsmessage onto the
meteorite-central list)

Marco Langbroek

marco.langbroek@wanadoodot nl
meteorites@dmsweb.org
http://home.wanadoodot nl/marco.langbroek

"What seest thou else
 In the dark backward and abysm of time?"

                            William Shakespeare
                            The Tempest act I scene 2