[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) second picture of Wales event - and its an aircraft I think

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marco Langbroek" Subject: (meteorobs) second picture of Wales event -
and its an aircraft I think

> Hello all,
>
> There is a second picture of the Wales event! This clearly rules out a
fake.
> But looking at this second picture, I think it also rules out a meteoric
> fireball. I think this was a plane. Either a contrail showing a glow in
the
> halo-family, or indeed a military aircraft dumping fuel and igniting it
with
> its afterburner, as some have suggested on the BBC website. Look at:

http://icwales.icnetwork.codot uk/0100news/0200wales/content_objectid=13476370_

method=full_siteid=50082_headline=-Digital-snap-backs-up-meteor-story-name_p
> age.html

    Has anyone done an in situ interview with the fellow that took the
photograph?  I don't mean an interview by a reporter, but someone that knows
something about fireballs and investigating such events.
What were the camera settings, field of view?  How fast was the object
moving, etc. Was it going from "left-to-right" or "right-to-left".  If the
two photographs were taken from different locations this will determine if
the observers were on opposite sides of the track. Has anyone contacted air
traffic control in the area to check on traffic at the noted time.  I would
think a trained investigator should be able to determine that cause of this
event.

Ed Majden
EMO Sandia Bolide Detection Station
Courtenay, B.C. Canada