[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Update on the fall in India

Dear All,

Here are some updates on the Indian fall on September 27:
http://www.pragativadi.com/031003/local2.htm

Also an experienced meteorite expert from India informed me that it is a veined chondrite. They have to do more
work to find out if it is H or L group. His first impression is that it is
petrographgic grade 5.  It has metal filled veins. The total mass collected in 5 fragments is about 8 kg or somewhat
more.
The expert tried to verify at least one case of the fire. It
could not be authenticated.
His colleagues will follow the other cases in the Mayurbhanj.
The trajectory was almost North to South, may be slightly NE to SW.

Best wishes,
Andrei Ol'khovatov