[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Halifax damage aftermath

Hi ,
I only want to remark, that this idea of pumping the water up is nothing
new. In many countries across Europe (including my beloved Czech Republic)
you can see a hill without the top - there is a large reservoir instead, to
which the water is pushed during the low-demand periods of time. This is, i
think, more efficient way than to simply push back to the dam, as you can
get much larger (upto 500 meters on Dlouhe Strane on northern Moravia)
difference in the levels, so you can store much larger amounts of energy in
a small volume of water.

Jan Verfl

Follow-Ups: References: