[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) [FLASH-2nd] Draconids by radio project

Hello all,

The International Project for Radio Meteor Observation
    FLASH of 2003 Draconids - 2nd Announcement -
               (2003.Oct.08  09:40UT)

Since the possibility of outburst of 2003 Draconids was
predicted, we monitored this activity and are monitoring
now. I announce the FLASH of this meteor shower.

As previous announcement mail, unusual Draconid activity
was not caught in Japan. After that, I received some
additional reports from Japanese observers. But all
Japanese observers reported "no-outburst". Some observers
commented that although outburst was not observed, small
Draconid activity was caught.

I received some FLASH reports as following.

   Toshihide MIYAKE (Japan), Masayoshi UEDA (Japan),
   Nishi-Harima Observatory (Japan), Sadao OKAMOTO (Japan)
   Yasuhiro YOSHIKAWA (Japan), Dirk Artoos (Belgium),
   Valter Gennao(Italy), Dave Swan (UK), Jeff Brower (USA)

From these worldwide reports, I do not received a report
which says outburst was observed. Our radio project
continues the monitoring of Draconids after a while.
And I will send Draconid information.

And I have to say VERY IMPOERTANT problem of radio meteor
observation. In this time, since the geocentric velocity
of Draconids is "too slow", it is not good condition to
observe. Therefore, we may lose outburst of Draconids
even if visual observation catch an unusual activity.
Therefore, would you please see other reports with visual,
telescope or video observation.

I will announce again. And you can see the Radio Live
on the following web. This LIVE is provided by some
Japanese stations, Jure ZAKRAJSEK(Slovenia), Dave Swan
(Italy) and Jeff Brower(USA).
 http://homepage2.nifty.com/~baron/hrolive.htm

Contact: Hiroshi OGAWA ( ogawa@nms.gr.jp )

with best wishes
Hiroshi Ogawa

Hiroshi Ogawa (University of Tsukuba, JAPAN)
mailto: HZH02257@nifty.ne.jp
homepage: http://homepage2.nifty.com/~baron/