[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Austrailia fireball

Ed Majden wrote:

Australia
> 9 Oct 2003.
>
> Bruce:
>     The conception of a meteoroid breaking the sound barrier is a false
one
> as per your posting to meteorobs.  The popular term "sound barrier" is not
> an entirely correct one.

    Thanks for clearing that up, Ed. In my defence that post was merely a
cut and paste from a local newspaper's web story of the event. That said, I
can't say I had a clear understanding of this phenomenon. Once again, the
collective expertise of the "meteorobs" group is much appreciated.

    regards, Bruce