[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Early eve.16th Oct. casual report

Hello list,

I was returning from the Mined Land Wildlife Area in extreme SE
KS to my home in Overland Park KS nearly 125 miles N that eve.
I drove thru cold front with it's line of thunderstorms about half
way back and stopped near my usual location at Rutlader KS
for a  few minutes at just past 8pm. ( Was on fishing trip)

Visibility was excellent looking N and W, and my few minutes was
spent in the Lyra Draco Hercules region and surrounding areas.
No meteors were seen, visibility was 6.5+ and magnificent.
One satellite crossed NW to SE during that approx 4 min. time
period.

While not a routine observation by any means, my results looking
to the West saw nothing under dark skies around 8 pm, here in KS.

Looking forward to the Orionids, still have my Delta Aquarid report for
July 29/30 to make, I set my all-time record rate since 1974 on them
this year, with 14 SDA and 5 NDA the final hr. of a three hr. watch,
a very nice show by them this year, from latitude +38.5 N.

Regards,

Bert Matous
Overland Park KS
USA