[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) All-weather low frequency microphones!

    Does anyone know where one can get an all-weather multi-directional low
frequency microphone "cheap"!  A used surplus one would be great.  I would
like to hook one up to the audio track on a VCR, recording video from an
all-sky camera in an effort to record a fireball sonic boom.  Such
recordings are quite rare so it would be interesting to record one.  I know
that such microphones exist as they are sometimes used at airports to
monitor jet noise.  Unfortunately new ones are rather expensive.

Ed Majden
EMO Sandia Bolide Detection Station
Courtenay, B.C. Canada