[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Interaction with Leonid dust trails in 1971?

One should take into account, however, that the period of the late '60s and early '70s were pre-SALT and the Soviets under Brezhnev were at the peak of their military build-ups and propaganda campaigns, in large part to try recover from their humiliation after the Cuban Missile Crisis. So, any unverified "record-breaking" reports from Soviet bloc observers during this period should be taken with a grain of salt...

Mike