[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: microphone for sonic booms

----- Original Message -----
From: "drobnock2"
Subject: (meteorobs)
 Re: microphone for sonic booms

> If I may make a suggestion --
>
> You may want to try using five similar microphones. Four of the
> microphones are mounted in a square, with the input element facing
> outward, and
> the fifth microphone facing skyward

George:
    An array of microphones is a possible solution.  A problem still
remains!  How to protect the microphones from the weather, in my case
frequent rains!  Right now Vancouver Island and the Vancouver area has been
undergoing the rain storm of the century.  Major flooding North of Vancouver
with two death confirmed and two people still missing when two vehicles
drove into a river because of a highway washout.  Many have been evacuated
from flood areas and some communities are still isolated.  Definitely not
meteor observing weather!  More rain is forcast for this week.

Ed Majden
From the WET coast!  Courtenay, B.C. CANADA

Follow-Ups: References: