[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: microphone for sonic booms

Hi:
Would an enclosure of plexiglass - thinest available - with an open
bottom be suitable?  The sides extending below the microphones. I know
that the design of a box is not the best for sound, but it may provide
protection from the rain and still allow sound to reach the
microphones.

And as I was writing this, this thought,  if not a plexiglass
enclosure, a large plastic bag, similar to those for storage of rolled
bales of hay. The bag could be cut to fit. The "hay" bags are for
outdoor storage, and may be strong enough for your use.

George John Drobnock

     An array of microphones is a possible solution.  A problem still
> remains!  How to protect the microphones from the weather, in my
case
> frequent rains!  Right now Vancouver Island and the Vancouver area
has been
> undergoing the rain storm of the century.
>
> Ed Majden
> From the WET coast!  Courtenay, B.C. CANADA
>
> The archive and Web site for our list is at http://www.meteorobs.org
> To stop getting all email from the 'meteorobs' lists, use our
Webform: