[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Recording sound from fireballs

Hi:

This may help.

Reference the http below. An article by Evers and Haak, Geophysical
Research,  January 1, 2001.

"Listening to sounds from exploding meteors and oceanic waves."

http://www.knmidot nl/~evers/infrasound/press-coverage-grl/GRLarticle.pdf

The article reference list has an article about listening to meteor
sounds. Sky and Telescope 49, pp88-91, 1975, by ReVelle. Also are
other references to Mcintosh etal.

George John Drobnock

--- In meteorobs@yahoogroups.com, Ed Majden <epmajden@s...> wrote:
>     Does anyone remember the "free" NRCC publication, "Science
Dimension"?
> Sadly this has been discontinued.  Try and find a copy 1975/4.
Starting on
> page 20, a paper entitled, "Mavericks of the solar system -
Listening to
> meteors", is presented.  It describes the early experiments of Dr.
Bruce
> McIntosh, Dr. Douglas Revelle and Dr. Micheal Watson at the
Planetary
> Sciences Section of the Herzberg Institute of Astrophysics at NRC
Canada.

> Ed Majden

Follow-Ups: References: