[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Recording sound from fireballs

Tony:
    Thanks very much for the pdf file.  My idea was to keep things simple so
amateur could add sound recording of the shockwave to home built all-sky
cameras.  This would give an indication of distance, though a rough one, to
the source creating the shock front.  A single station video of the fireball
would then have some idea of distance.  I think a simple microphone should
work fine provided it can be protected from the weather.  It's worth
experimenting with.
Cheers:
Ed

http://members.shawdot ca/epmajden/index.htm