[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Orionids from East GA and Central VA

Hey Kim!  What time did You see the fireball?  Reason I ask, is that I
watched a bit this morning (between 0715 - 0730 UT) and I noticed a
bright flash to my South (remember I am located in Central VA) , sometime
in those  15 minutes.  Did not see much else, as the Orionids did not
appear to have the output that I recall from watching them in the mid and
late 1970's.  All I saw was one Orionid, a Taurid, North Taurid, Epsilon
Geminid and a Sporadic.

It sure would be nice to get back out observing more!  Right now Life's
numerous responsibilities (being a Dad to young children, a husband,
Naval Officer and a School Teacher) are not allowing me the opportunity.
However, I will get out when I can, since I do have a 6.0+ limiting
magnitude, right in my backyard.
                        In Astronomical Affinity - Felix A. Martinez