[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Orionids from East GA

.
> However, I did see probably the brightest Orionid fireball of my life this
> morning, a multicolored -6(?) that shot directly out of the radiant into
> nearby Canis Major and did not conform to the path length/radius rule at
> all --  it began right at the radiant and traveled only perhaps fifteen
> degrees at most.

In other words: this was not an Orionid.

We had something similar here in 1994. A fireball that seemed to come from
the Orionid radiant as seen by one of our observers from Leiden. But it was
also captured multistation by two all-sky camera's. The triangulated radiant
proved to be well off from the Orionid radiant, it only happened that for
Leiden the two radiants and the apparant fireball trajectory lined up.

- Marco

------
Marco Langbroek
Leiden, the Netherlands