[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) 21/22 October, Orionid Meteor Shower Observation Results From ASART, Turkey

Hi,

As a group of undergraduate students of Ankara University, Astronomy and Space Science Department, ASART amateur astronomy club established a meteor section last year. We have been observing meteor shower for almost a year and publish our results through our web site, www.asartonline.org which is in Turkish.

We have observed orionid meteor shower on 21/22 October from our university's observatory and published our results in www.asartonline.org/akanyildiz/orionid_forma.htm  in English. Since most of us concentrated on just orionids, other meteors were recorded as sporadics mostly. However, the experienced observers of our group concentrated on epsilon geminid activity, which we found surprisingly strong for that particular night.

Thanks for your interest,
Clear skies,
Ozgur BASTURK
an ASART member

Hiroshi Ogawa <HZH02257@nifty.ne.jp> wrote:
Hello,

Mr.Shigeo UCHIYAMA calculated the result of 2003 Orionids provide
by The Nippon Meteor Society (NMS). I forward to IMO-News and
meteorobs.

Radio Meteor Observation results will be announced later. Please
just a moment. I will announce radio results after I write the
proceeding of IMC.

2003 Orionids in Japan
The Nippon Meteor Society (NMS)

MM DAY(JST) Nind Teff ORI HRave ZHRave Err.
10 16/17 1 1.0 11 11.0 23.5 7.1
10 17/18 1 3.0 22 7.3 15.3 3.3
10 18/19 3 7.0 90 12.9 19.8 2.1
10 19/20 3 9.3 123 13.2 25.1 2.3
10 20/21 1 1.0 9 9.0 40.5 13.5
10 21/22 1 0.7 12 17.1 22.2 6.4
10 22/23 3 7.1 99 13.9 31.1 3.1
10 23/24 4 8.3 125 15.1 24.7 2.2
10 24/25 4 9.5 163 17.2 18.9 1.5
10 25/26 2 7.3 87 11.9 23.0 2.5

Total number of Orionid meteors : 741
Total observation time : 54.2 hours

Simbols stand for....
Nind : the number of observers
Teff : observed hours
ORI : Observed Orionid meteors
HRave : Hourly Rate
ZHRave: Zenithal Hourly Rate (r=2.2)

except for data as following
radiant elevation < 20deg,
Limitting Magnitude < 4.1mag
Cloudness >= 3

Observers (nights) :
Kazuhiro SUMIE(1), Hidekatsu MIZOGUCHI(3), Kazuhiro OSADA(3),
Koetsu SATO(2), Takema HASHIMOTO(2), Shigeo UCHIYAMA(1),
Ken-ichi FUSHIMI(1), Yasuo YABU(1), Minoru MURAKI(1), Yasuo SHIBA(1),
Masayuki YAMAMOTO(1)

We also received a report from Ryosuke MORITA.

--------------
calculated by....
Shigeo UCHIYAMA (The Nippon Meteor Soceity)
uchiyama@nms.gr.jp

with best wishes
Hiroshi Ogawa

Hiroshi Ogawa (University of Tsukuba, JAPAN)
mailto: HZH02257@nifty.ne.jp
homepage: http://homepage2.nifty.com/~baron/

Do you Yahoo!?