[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) 2003 Leonids by Worldwide Radio Observation No.3

Hello all,

  The International Project for Radio Meteor Observation
     2003 Leonids FLASH No.3  (22:45UT 13th Updated)
      http://homepage2.nifty.com/~baron/leo03p.htm

FLASH data are updated now ! There are 20 observing reports
at 17 observing stations in 5 countries. Our project has
already covered whole world. We therefore can monitor Leonid
meteor activity at all times now...

As you know, 1499 dust trail encountring was predicted around
13:00-18:00 13th(UT). Japan was the one of best observing
condition. Japanese radio obsering stations using 53MHz was
not caught an unusual activity. On the other hand, observing
stations using 28MHz was caught an increase of meteor echoes.

The increase of meteor echoes observed by 28MHz started around
10th(UT). Therefore we have to check the actvity change tomorrow
(whether increase or decreasion).

A lower frequency can detect fainter meteors than higher
frequency. In this time, since 53MHz observation did not catch
a increase and 28MHz catch a increase, 1499 dust trail has
many faint meteors. I am collecting and analyzing data now...

You can see this FLASH result and LIVE Radio data. LIVE is
updated every 10minutes at almost of stations.

2003 Leonids page: http://homepage2.nifty.com/~baron/leo03p.htm
FLASH page: http://homepage2.nifty.com/~baron/leo03.htm
LIVE page : http://homepage2.nifty.com/~baron/hrolive.htm

with best wishes
Hiroshi Ogawa

Hiroshi Ogawa (University of Tsukuba, JAPAN)
mailto: HZH02257@nifty.ne.jp
homepage: http://homepage2.nifty.com/~baron/