[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonids - Nov 13 '03 Singapore - nothing

Hi Chai and list
I did some rough and ready casual suburban backyard obs, located 34º 51'
South  138º 41' East
 ( Adelaide, Australia )
Teff of 1 hour 45 min
saw one typical +2 leonid (slightly smoky,traveled 20*) at around 2:30 am
ACDT 14th/nov/03 ( 16:00 13/nov/03 UT ) heading southwest

average LM was around 4 - 4.5 ..... i was centered most of the time on
Sirius (the beautiful mesmerising dog star) about 60% of sky visible.

14:00 - 14:30 UT  - nothing
16:00 - 16:30 UT  - one +2 leonid and two +4 Alpha Monocerotids
17:15 - 18:00 UT  - nothing

cheers
Kearn Jones

> From: chiayk1@singnet.com.sg
> Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:00:20 -0500
> To: meteorobs@atmob.org
> Cc: chiayk1@singnet.com.sg
> Subject: (meteorobs) Leonids - Nov 13 '03 Singapore - nothing
>

> Hi folks:
>
> /Nothing from Nov13 UT(1600-1830)/!
>
> Went out around 1:00am Nov 14 ( or Nov 13 UT 16:00) hrs
> and spent the next 2 1/2 hours under the sky. Fixing my
> gazed at Orion and with the gibbous moon within my FOV - I
> *did not* notice any meteor activity at all , not even
> sporadic.
>
> LM of the sky near Zenith is 3+.  Sky was far from
> perfect - I guess whatever dim meteors will  be wash-out  by
> the strong Lunar's glare and subdued by the thin high
> altitude clouds!
>
> I have yet to review the 1 1/2 DV tape to find any clue of
> dim meteors and another 3 hours pre-programmed video tape (
> 2am - 5am) in case i missed out anything from 3:30-5:00am)
>
> What did you see?
>
> rgds
> yKChia
> Singapore +8 UT.

> Check Your Email From Any Where in the World!
> http://www.myemail.com
>
> The archive and Web site for our list is at http://www.meteorobs.org
> To stop getting all email from the 'meteorobs' lists, use our Webform:

Follow-Ups: References: