[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Population Index Result on 13/14 in JAPAN

Hello all,

Mr.Shigeo UCHIYAMA also calculated the population index
of Leonids on 13/14 night.

    2003 Leonids FLASH in JAPAN (Visual Observation)
             (The Nippon Meteor Society)
        - calculated by Shigeo UCHIYAMA(NMS) -

 --- about population index on 13/14 night in Japan ---

            LEO                     nonLEO
Month day    N    dM    r    Err.    N    dM     r   Err.
 11  13/14  389  2.38  3.74  0.26   605  2.22  4.11  0.21

N : the numer of meteors (with magnitude distribution report)
dM: Lm - Mave  (Lm: Limitting magnitude, Mave: the average of meteors)
r : populatin index
Err.: error of popilation index(r)
  Population index and its errors are calculated by the
  paper by Arlt(WGN)

nonLEO includes Taurids(N and S), Sporadic and other meteor showers
except for Leonids.

On 13/14, Leonid population index was high value. When population
index adopt 3.74, ZHR is 97.5 (13/14night average). Therefore,
we can say this value is almost the same as predictions.

with best wishes
Hiroshi Ogawa

Hiroshi Ogawa (University of Tsukuba, JAPAN)
mailto: HZH02257@nifty.ne.jp
homepage: http://homepage2.nifty.com/~baron/