[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) what are the chances of seeing earth grazers? prediction??

hi- I was wondering if anyone out there might be able to help improve my understanding of the odds of seeing earth grazers.

My understanding is that the peak for the Nov 19th (filament favors the east coast... when the horizon is still low on the west coast.  Does this mean that the east coast will get more meteors but the west coast is favored for seeing earth grazers?   [Is midnight the best time to start looking?]

If I could add perhaps one more question... have we already seen the best meteor showers of our lifetime in the past 4 years?  Or is there a realistic probability of significant unexpected storm activity?  (if so, might such activity be predictable at a closer date?)

Thanks to anyone kind enough to provide answers to these questions-

Mark  (in San Diego ... hoping to see some earth grazers... as i saw in south carolina in 1998)