[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Rao's Leonid Report

In a message dated 11/20/03 9:17:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
astroimager11768@yahoo.com writes:

<< Of course, HERE on Long Island our ZHR was...zero!  :-( >>

Here is my report from last night for the 2003 Leonid Meteor Shower:

In eager anticipation I set up my tripod and loaded the camera.  A steady
rain held the temperature constant and kept down airborne dust. Under a dark and
dismal sky, condensation dripped from my camera lens, and a stream which
drowned my driveway carried off the towel, the table it was on, and the dog. I
suddenly saw a brilliant flash in the sky, illuminating the clouds, followed
several seconds later by a distant rumble.  Might there have been the fall of a
meteorite close by?

I looked up and saw a bright blue-white Vega and two Comets as they drove by
and splashed water over me and my camera.

End of report.
 -- joe r.