[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) auroras even here

Folks,

Nice visible Aurora display here in Southern Indiana tonight. Very
interesting, though, because it was visible to the west and southwest and
right at zenith. The most vivid display was centered right in the great
square of Pegasus and just north of Mars. This display was quite unique.

Fortunately we had clear skies tonight for a second night in a row. I saw 3
Leonids during the auroral display...the first 3 this year. Earlier this
week we were "blessed" with total cloud cover so the peak nights were a wash
out.

Hope you had a chance to catch the Au tonight!

Clear skies,

Mark. S. Williams
astronomy@n4gn.com
Elizabeth, IN