[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonids but no aurora

I was not able to detect the aurora here but did just finish another two hours observing again this morning.  Leonid rates were 1/4 to 1/3 their strength from yesterday, at about  5-7 per hour, from 8:56 to 9:56 UT.  Sporadic/non-LEO rates were still very good, however, boosting the rates to about 35 meteors total seen during the watch.

The dark face of the rising crescent moon was splashed lightly in earthshine this morning as it rose, and made for a nice finale for my leonid "expedition" this year, aurora or no aurora!

Full report later.
Kim Youmans