[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Active AMOs on 20/21

I still have not reduced my data for friday morning but did want to mention an interesting (at least for me) aside to friday morning's observations.

I was facing, roughly, Cancer & Eastern Gemini during my watch, and kept seeing very fast, obviously foreshortened, trained meteors headed east/NE.  The shortest were right at my field of view,  the paths lengths were longer north and east of this area, so I put two and two together and saw they formed a radiant just west of Procyon -- somewhere-- as I was not plotting.

Not until this morning did I bother to look and see the AMO's are at this location, so I now wonder, would six or seven in two hours be considered strong rates the night before maximum?  I noted these meteors so I should be able to give the rates when I reduce my data.

Still, quite proud of myself for being able to find the approximate radiant position on my own, without plotting, using more than just intersection points (i.e. path length and speed, also).

Kim Youmans