From: owner-meteorobs@atmob.org [mailto:owner-meteorobs@atmob.org] On
Behalf Of David Stine
Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2003 1:19 PM
To: meteorobs@meteorobs.org
Subject: (meteorobs) Leonid Report

Hello list, here is my Leonid report for Nov. 18-19.  It was a poor
showing but it was still an enjoyable evening.  After a day of hail
storms and 6 inches of rain we were lucky to see anything here in Tulsa
Ok. But the skies cleared and it was a beautiful night at our Tulsa
Astronomy Club Observatory south of Tulsa.  The highlight of the night
was not a Leonid even though we did see some nice Leonids, but a Taurid
Fireball.  It lit up the sky, was very green and left a short bright
train that lasted about 3 seconds.  That one was worth the night alone.
Not too many club members braved the 40 degree temperatures, but KC
Lobrecht, Gerry Andries, and Steve Chapman viewed with me.  Tried to
view Encke and T7 but were unsuccessful.  Great night, beautiful skies,
several M-objects naked eye and a beautiful Milky Way.  Nights like this
make you glad you are in this hobby.

Observer:   David Stine