[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) 2003 Leonids: Worldwide Radio Observation No.10

  The International Project for Radio Meteor Observation
     2003 Leonids FLASH No.10  (07:00UT 24th Updated)
      http://homepage2.nifty.com/~baron/leo03p.htm

FLASH data are updated now ! There are 36 observing reports
at 31 observing stations in 8 countries. Our project has
already covered whole world. We therefore can monitor Leonid
meteor activity at all times now...

From these FLASH reports, Activity Level index was calculated.
As a results, some Leonid peaks were observed, which were
around 12h 18th, 06h 19th and 16h 19th(UT).

12h 18th peak was not predicted. But this peak was very clear
and high peak. 06h 19th peak becomes clearer than previous
announcement. The main peak was 16h 19th(UT).

Then, in the afternoon on 20th, UK and USA observing stations
caught images of Aurora.

You can see this FLASH result and LIVE Radio data. LIVE is
updated every 10minutes at almost of stations.

2003 Leonids page: http://homepage2.nifty.com/~baron/leo03p.htm
FLASH page: http://homepage2.nifty.com/~baron/leo03.htm
LIVE page : http://homepage2.nifty.com/~baron/hrolive.htm

with best wishes
Hiroshi Ogawa

Hiroshi Ogawa (University of Tsukuba, JAPAN)
mailto: HZH02257@nifty.ne.jp
homepage: http://homepage2.nifty.com/~baron/