[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fireball Report 22.11. 2003 / cca 19:01, Fredericton (fwd)

----------------------  Forwarded Message:  ---------------------
From:    NAMN
Subject: Fireball Report 22.11. 2003 / cca 19:01, Fredericton
Date:    Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:20:04 -0500 (EST)

----

Your Name? Paul Karbusicky

Your Town/State/Country? Fredericton / New Brunswick / Canada

Date and Time? 22.11. 2003 / cca 19:01

What compass direction did the fireball appear from? West

What compass direction did the fireball DISAPPEAR from? East

How long, in seconds, were you able to see it in the sky? 2-3 sec

How many degrees off the horizon was it when it APPEARED?
(As a reference, a closed fist held at arm's length is
approximately 10 degrees.)
  10

How many degrees off the horizon was it when it DISAPPEARED? 0

How bright did it appear?
Like a star, Venus, the Moon, or the setting Sun?
  very bright

Did it have any color(s)? pure white

Did it appear to fall apart as it went by? What did that look like?
  they were already apart four or five pieces and one of them fairly large size.
The small ones would be little large, than planes wing tip lights and the large
would be almost the size of the plane's windshield

Did it leave a persistent streak in the sky after it was gone?
How long did that last?
  I didn't see the whole trajectory, it was the very end that I saw

How fast did it move? Use a 1 to 5 scale, 1 being
VERY slow, and 5 being extremely quick.
  5

Did you hear a sound?
If yes, what was the time delay from sighting to sound?
  no sound, our door was closed

What is the closest Town/State to where you saw the fireball?
  Fredericton

Please put any additional remarks, sketches, drawings, etc. below:
    You have to understand, that I saw was the very last moment, just before
meteorite fell to Earth. We were, my wife and I siting inside of our apartment,
that is facing facing north watching television. Suddenly out of corner of my
eye I caught sight of the very bright fast moving objects. For a split second I
was thinking, why is that plane flying so low and I jumped up to investigate. We
have airport nearby.
My wife saw it simultaneously with me. Getting her attention would be too long
to catch the sight.
 We have seen four or five white and very bright lights, and then I realized it
must have been meteor. One of those lights was fairly large, that was what I
took for lighted front of a plane.
With our door closed we coudn't hear anything. Those light were round shape.
  I have seen lot of falling stars and enjoyed beautifull starry nights while
camping in the Algonquin park in Ontario, but I have never seen anything so
close and so spectacular. Those meteors I used to seing in the past were just
distant streaks of light across the sky. Pity, that I couldn't see the whole
trajectory.
Please,let us know, if anybody else saw it. Thank you. Paul