From: Ed Majden
To: meteorobs@atmob.org
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2003 3:18 PM
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) Meteor Observation East GA 11- 29/30 -03

Kim:
    You might be interested in a paper published in the JRASC Meteor News by Peter M. Millman.  The project was called "Operation Perseid 1956" and the Journal reference is: 51, 161.  The full paper is available on ADS.  The Regina Astronomical Society organized a multiple Province wide observation of the 1956 Perseid Shower.  The stations were all connected in real time by amateur radio.  Comments were received from many parts of the world when information was exchanged between stations about various observed meteors. They wanted to know what was going on as the ham radio exchanges were not the normal amateur radio banter!  The RAS secured their second meteor spectrum during this program.  If you can't find the paper on ADS let me know and I can send it to you as an attachment.
Ed Majden - former RAS member
Courtenay, B.C.
Canada