[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Geminids and The Almost Last Quarter Moon (aka 1976)!

As I recall from a truly memorable viewing of the Geminids in 1976 with
Norman McLeod, we saw plenty of beautiful Geminids between 2100 local and
0400 local.  The moon was only a bit more favorable than this year, being
at last quarter then.  We observed both on 12/13 and 13/14 and saw
several hundred Geminids, including several fireballs.  Therefore, do not
let an almost last quarter moon keep You from observing a truly fine
display of very nice meteors.  It was truly worth missing a few high
school days for to view this wonderful meteor shower!  Guess this year I
will try and observe on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights!!
                                  In Astronomical Affinity - Felix A.
Martinez