[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Re: Florida observing

Norm and all,

Meanwhile on Geminids, I expect to see about 40/hour tops on Dec 13/14 in
>the hour before moonrise.

Reviewing my 1999 Geminid results from Sicily, I had 54 Geminids during the
2200 - 2300 Local time hour under LM 6.8 from 4,500 feet up on Mt. Etna.
The next hour after that produced 82 Gems.  I recall seeing lots of long,
slow bright ones that first hour.  It should be a great show this year just
before the Moon rises, maybe even for a while afterward.  Good luck to all.
Paul in the Ancient City

Browse styles for all ages, from the latest looks to cozy weekend wear at
MSN Shopping.  And check out the beauty products! http://shopping.msn.com