From: GLDSKTR@aol.com
To: meteorobs@atmob.org
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 1:10 PM
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) ripley's Believe it or not meteors/meteorites

Hello KCStarguy@aol.com,

In reference to your comment:

è In Ripley's Believe it or not a book for kids there was
è this : On Oct 9, 1992 a Michelle Knapp of Peeksville,
è NY found that a a big meteorite hit her truck/car which
è landed with a foul smelling odor.  She got paid for the
è "meteorite tricking car" and also got $50,000 for the
è Meteorite!

I believe this is the story from Upstate NY. I live in NYC, and saw the car at the Museum of Natural History. The meteorite went right through the trunk, and made a hole in the ground! The car was totalled.
I never heard of the 1907 story.
Anthony

Follow-Ups: References: