[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Re: distance from central vision

Norman and all,

>But Gates was 25 degrees !  He excelled at faint meteors, but overall his
>rates were 3.8 X mine.

As unusual as Bill Gates must have been, there are others with his
exceptional capability.  We had a person in the early days of the Ancient
City Astronomy Club, Tom Webb, who consistently saw twice as many meteors
under the same sky as I did.  I observed with him several times and his
results were consistent and no doubt honest.  He would see everyone I saw
and a whole bunch that I didn't.  He and I would be far ahead of everyone
else when we would observe in groups.
It really is a humbling feeling to observe with someone like this.  Paul in
the Ancient City

Shop online for kids’ toys by age group, price range, and toy category at
MSN Shopping. No waiting for a clerk to help you! http://shopping.msn.com