[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) RE: distance from central vision

Norman and all,

>Gates would take on 5 of us and
>smash us all at once.

I think oberver integrity can be an issue also.  We had a few "lulus" pass
through the ACAC in those early years who also would make outrageous claims
of seeing high meteor totals.  It soon became obvious, however, who was
reliable and who wasn't.  Since I was the Observing Chairman, those wild,
unsubstanciated claims were never reported to anyone.  Tom had proven
himself to be a competent and relaible observer, so I did report his
results.  One has to be wary sometimes

Paul in the Ancient City

Winterize your home with tips from MSN House & Home.